Capital Gains Tax
Capital Gains Tax has changed radically since its introduction in 1965. Making your own assumptions concerning disposals or gifts of assets and assessing your own tax liability can prove to be a false economy, particularly if underpayment results in a tax investigation.
Because Capital Gains Tax can be a voluntary tax, there is the ability to plan for it in advance and to ensure that maximum relief is available to mitigate or avoid any tax liability.
Capital Gains Tax seems rarely out of the public eye. The erosion of the ability to use long established reliefs to avoid tax on transfers of assets into trusts means it is best to plan well ahead and structure the ownership of assets all the more carefully.
Focused on Local Businesses
From one local business to another, let us help you with your accounts today.
We want to help you get the most out of your business and love talking with business owners and self-employed professionals. Contact us for an appointment either by phone, video call or in person.
Make the Switch
Changing your accountant is simple. You can switch accountants at any time and there are no tax implications. Our team will help guide you through the process.
We provide clear solutions!
We are a multi disciplinary team, all members of the Association of Taxation Technicians. We can advise on the capital gains tax implications of:
- Quoted and unquoted share disposals
- Business disposals
- Sales and gifts of property
- The availability of reliefs on gifts to individuals and trusts
- The availability of ‘Entrepreneurs’ Relief’ in relation to business assets
- Establishing in year losses and losses carried forward for future use
- The availability of PPR or main residence relief and how to maximise this very generous relief to cover more than one property
- Disposals made by trustees and personal representatives
- Assessing the tax for transactions already done, and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs to reach agreement on liabilities
‘After the event’ tax mitigation planning is still possible in limited circumstances, but ideally advice is sought before a transaction so that the liability is minimised as much as is allowed within the rules.
We pride ourselves on the excellent quality of our work whilst making sure that our rates are competitive.
Do not let accountancy worries keep you awake at the year end when you can pass them over to us.
Get Started Today
Everything you need to manage your finances is now available from your smartphone. Cloud accounting app help you save valuable time on paperwork and more time on your growing your business.
Easy online accounting software that allows you to stay in control wherever you are.
Helping to manage your business finances anywhere.
Support your business every step of the way with Sage accounting software.